With the start of the new year many will be setting New Year’s Resolutions. To be honest I’m not a fan. More often than not I notice people making resolutions but when asked what action are they taking this week to accomplish it they look surprised.
It’s almost as if they are thinking, “I have a whole year to get this done, why would I work on it today?” It seems resolutions are a way of making us feel good about a final goal without making any effort towards that goal.
Results are accomplished through actions. Here are ten actions you can take today to make progress towards your financial objectives.
1) Create a Budget
I have a free spreadsheet which will create a budget for you in 3 easy steps.
2) Pick one category and track how much you spend in a month.
3) Create a very simple budget, just for the week.
4) Schedule a free 30 minute coaching call with me. Ask me any financial question you’d like.
5) Call one (or all) of your credit cards and ask to have the rate reduced.
6) Find out what you really think about money. Download the worksheet on this page to help you.
7) Ask for a raise.
8) Sell something – find something in your house that has value but that you no longer use. Sell it online using one of the many free apps.
9) Start a side job.
10) Open a savings account. You can do this online with your current bank.